Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Oh Fred!
If you've come to my house lately you probably noticed my little plant in the corner. And by the look of it you've probably wondered why it's still there. Well, me and Fred go way back. I bought Fred (yes, I named it) soon after I returned from my mission, which believe it or not was 10 years ago this year. David never really liked Fred, he joked about slowly poisoning him. Nevertheless, after 3 years of marriage, Fred came with us to San Francisco. Many of you may have made his acquaintance there. After three more years Fred made the long journey back home to Vegas. He survived yet one more move into our new house, but his biggest trial was yet to come, a two year old and two black labs. Fred lost many limbs and suffered many casualties in the last 6 months. Through it all he is holding on to that one leaf. Most have no hope for Fred's survival, but I will continue to believe in Fred, and when that new leaf sprouts I will know he will be here for another 10 years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Hey, faith is all about planting a seed and letting it grow right? So I'm sure your faith will bring Fred out of this rough time.
Very funny! As is David's jealousy of your 10 year relationship with Fred! =)
Maybe it's not the kids, maybe David finally got to Fred. I do remember that in SF. Funny thing to hang on to. I never keep plants around more than about 1 week. I hope it works out for you.
Yes, I remember Fred. I love plants. I hope he survives...
I'm ROOTING for Fred!! GOOO FRED!!! he'll be sweet once you give him the love he needs maybe some more talking , icecubes and more talking a little more sunlight and he'll be with you for another 10 MORE years GOOO FRED!
Hugs
ps
how are you doing kiddo?
Post a Comment